Chickpeas 1 cup
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1 tsp
Red chilli 1-2
Curry leaves 1 strand
Grated coconut 3 tbsp
• Wash and soak chickpeas overnight or min 8 hours.
• Pressure cook 2-3 whistles with enough water and salt.
• Drain the water and keep the cooked chickpeas aside.
• Take a wide pan. Heat little oil. Crackle the Mustard then add Urad dhal, Red chillies, Curry leaves and Asafoetida.
• Toss the cooked Chickpeas in. Give a thorough mix.
• Finally add the grated Coconut.
Let that stay for couple of minutes then switch off the stove. Serve hot.
• If you have time you can directly cook Chickpeas in a pot of salt water. It takes 15-20 mins.
• Canned Chickpeas works best as well. Don’t forget to drain the water before using it.
Mango Salsa! Who doesn’t like a sweet delicious Ripen Mango? Mango Salsa made out of these yummy mangoes goes perfectly well with the Oven Baked Spicy Salmon. You can try adding pineapple chunks, Red pepper to improve the taste of Salsa.
For Baking Salmon
Salmon 2 fillet ( 6 oz each )
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
For Mango Salsa
Ripen Mango 1, Peeled, pitted & diced
Tomato 1 Cup, Chopped
Red Onion 1 Cup, Chopped
Avocado 1 Cup, Sliced ( optional )
Cilantro 2 tbsp, Chopped
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
• Marinate the Salmon with Lemon juice, Pepper powder, Chilli powder, salt and allow it to rest for few minutes.
• Combine all the ingredients listed below For Mango Salsa with req salt. Mix it gently and refrigerate for 30 mins.
Baked Chili Salmon
• Preheat oven to 400 F.
• Line the baking pan with foil and grease it with the cooking spray.
• Add the marinated Salmon on the foil and cook it for 15 mins at 400F then broil it last 5 mins.
Baked Chili Salmon with Mango Salsa
• Transfer a piece of baked Salmon on a plate. Top it with Mango Salsa and serve.