Onion 1, chopped
Tomato 2-3, Chopped
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1 tsp
Cinnamon 1″ stick
Bay leaf 1
Fennel seeds 1 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Curry leaves 2 strand
Ginger garlic 1 tbsp
Chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Coconut 2 tbsp, grated
• Heat little oil, add Mustard, Urad dhal, Cinnamon, Cloves, Bay leaf, Fennel, Cumin, Curry leaves. Sauté it for a while.
• Add finely chopped onions and sauté it till they are translucent.
• Next add ginger garlic paste.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and cook it till the tomatoes shrink.
• Next add Chilli powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder and required salt.
• Add enough water to the curry.
• Grind Coconut with little water to fine paste and add it to the curry. Allow it to cook for 5 mins till the raw smell goes away and switch off the stove.
• Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot with Idly or Dosa or Roti.
We all love Peanuts in my family including my 2 year old. I like to add peanuts whole or grounded in variety rice, curries and raitas. This Peanut Chutney is so special as it has a beautiful blend of sweet (from peanuts), tangy (from tamarind) and spicy (from red chillies) flavor. The measurements could be slightly adjusted depending on your taste buds. It goes well with idly, Rava idly, Dosa, Upma or even bread
Peanuts 3/4 cup
Red chillies 4
Small Onion 1
Tamarind paste 1 tbsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 10
• Dry roast peanuts in a wide pan, until its skin changes colour and peel off its skin when it is little warm. ( pls make sure you don’t burn your hands).
• Heat little oil in a pan, add red chillies and onion, Sauté it for a while.
• Toss the Roasted peanuts, Red Chillies, Onion, Tamarind along with required salt grind it to a paste.
• Temper the Mustard, Urad dhal & Curry leaves and add it to the grounded paste.
• Peanut Chutney is ready to be served.
• Add a clove of roasted garlic if you like the garlic flavor.
• You can add 3 tbsp of grated coconut instead of onion for another variety of Peanut Chutney.
• Without tempering it can be used as a spread for the bread.
Coriander leaves 1 cup
Coconut 1/2 cup
Green chillies 2
Tamarind paste 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal 1/2tsp
Curry leaves req
• Heat little oil in a pan,Add the green chillies, coconut, coriander leaves and roast it slightly.
• Remove it from the stove and let it cool for few minutes.
• Transfer it to a blender and grind it along with the tamarind paste, salt and req water.
• Temper the mustard seeds, urad dhal & curry leaves and add it to the chutney.
• It goes well with the idly/dosa.