Red Velvet Cupcakes are so special that i could always relate them to the Valentines day! I have tried numerous recipes before I hit this particular one. Adapted from annie’s eats,
It is very moist and more flavorful. Though I was initially little hesitant with the amount of oil used here,It made 100% justice to the Cupcakes.
Yields 24 Cupcakes
Cake Flour 2 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 1/2 Cup
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Cocoa powder 3 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Large Eggs 2
Vegetable oil 1 1/2 Cup
Butter milk 1 Cup
Liquid Red Food coloring 2 tbsp (1 oz.)
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Distilled white Vinegar 1 tsp
For the Frosting
Cream Cheese 8 oz. (1 pack)
Unsalted Butter 5tbsp Room temperature
Clear Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Confectioner’s Sugar 2 1/2 Cup
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Line the cupcake pans with paper liners.
• Combine all the dry ingredients Cake Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Cocoa powder & Salt. Whisk to blend. Keep it separately.
• Combine all the wet ingredients Eggs, Butter milk, Vegetable oil, Vanilla Extract, Red food colour, Distilled white vinegar with a hand blender in medium speed until well blended.
• Add the dry ingredients slowly in to the wet little by little mixing it on a low speed. Mix thoroughly.
• Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners almost 2/3 full.
• Bake for about 20 mins. Rotating the pan in halfway. ( around 10 mins ).
Until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. ( Start checking from 15 mins).
• Remove from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack within 5-10 mins. Else the cupcake will continue to cook with the heat from the pan, making it dry or less moist.
Cream Cheese Frosting
• Combine Cream Cheese ( best if it is cold from the fridge) and butter using a hand mixer or in a electric stand mixer.
• Beat on medium-high for 2-3 mins until its smooth.
• Mix in the Vanilla extract.
• Add the Confectioners’ Sugar little by little until a smooth creamy texture is obtained.
• Add the frosting to the piping bag with the piping tip and decorate the cupcakes or simply place 2 tbsp of frosting on top of the cupcake and smooth it around with the butter knife or small spatula.
• Delicious Red Velvet Cupcakes are ready.
Banana nut bread recipes are a great way to use over ripe bananas. It gets added cruch with the chopped walnuts! Tips: 1. Use really ripened bananas. Ones with more black spots. 2.Try to use brown sugar, it adds more flavor to the bread!
All purpose flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Walnuts 1/2 cup, chopped
Butter 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 1/4 cup
Milk 1/4 cup ( can use buttermilk or yogurt instead)
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Banana 2 medium size, smashed
• Preheat the oven to 350. Grease the 9 x 5 inch loaf pan,dust it with the flour & keep it separately.
• Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
• Add the nuts to it and keep these dry ingredients separately.
• Beat butter along with the sugar, add egg, then add vanilla extract, smashed banana and mix it well.
• Now gently combine the dry ingredients in to the beaten mixture by adding milk in between.
• Transfer the batter in to the greased pan and bake it at 350F for 60 mins.( Pls start checking after 45 mins)
• Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Gently slide the knife to the corners and remove the loaf from the pan.
• Cut into thick slices to serve!
Today being Good Friday, Kids were at home. As soon as we woke up in the morning, asked my husband to work from home. Kids were always very pleasant when he is around. Trouble free nap times, no whinings, no messing around. Everything goes On schedule! Had some time during their nap. So thought to bake a cafe and yes, it was my husband’s favorite Mocha cake with coffee frosting!
All purpose flour 2 cup
Salt 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 2 tsp
Cocoa powder 2/3 cup
Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
Sugar 2 cup
Butter milk 1 cup
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Hot water 1 cup
Instant coffee 3 tbsp
Butter 3/4 cup
Sugar 2 cups
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/3 tsp
Instant coffee 1tbsp + 1/2 tsp
Hot water 4 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 of 9 inch pans. Don’t forget to dust it with flour.
2. Whisk all purpose flour along with salt, baking powder, baking soda and keep it separately.
3. Now beat the vegetable oil, eggs( add eggs one by one) sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa powder along with the butter milk at medium speed.
4. Heat 1 cup of water in stove and add the instant coffee powder.
5. Pour it to the mixture and blend it again for 30 seconds.
6. Now add the flour to it spoon by spoon and mix it very gently with the spatula.
7. Transfer the contents to the greased plates and keep it in the oven for 30 to 40 mins.
8. After 30 mins check the cake with skewer if it had completely baked.
9. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
1. Beat butter with the hand mixer till it becomes fluffy.
2. Add 1 tbsp of coffee to 4 tbsp of hot water. Once the coffee dissolves add it to the butter and mix it thoroughly.
3. Add vanilla extract and the salt as well.
4. Now add the sugar little by little and continue to mix it till it becomes a creamy texture.
5. Finally add 1/2 tsp of instant coffee and gently mix it with a spoon.
Icing on the Cake
1. Store the frosting in the refrigerator till the cake completely gets cooled down.
2. Before doing the icing, whip one more time. Add 2/3 of the frosting in the center of the cake. Use the remaining over the sides.
3. Voila! Moist Mocha cake with Coffee frosting is done! I am sure all the coffee lovers would die for it 🙂
All purpose flour 3/4 cup
Baking powder 1 tbsp
Salt 1/8 tbsp
Butter 3/4 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup ( finely powdered)
Milk 4 tbsp
Orange zest from 1 orange
Lemon zest from 1 lemon
Juice of 1 big lemon
Juice of 1 big orange
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and dust the pan with flour.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt and keep it separately.
3. Place the superfine sugar, butter and lemon and orange zest in a bowl and beat together until pale and creamy.
4. Add the milk, and then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Add flour spoon by spoon mixing it gently and pour it into the prepared baking pan. Level the surface.
6. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, until they are golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
7. Place the lemon and orange juice in a saucepan, bring to the boil and allow it to reduce to about 3tbsp.
8. Cool it and then add 3 tbsp of granulated sugar to the syrup. Drizzle is ready.
Drizzle on Cake
9. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prick it with a skewer several times, then slowly pour the syrup all over the top, letting it soak into the cake.
10. Allow it to cool completely in the pan.
11. Moist St Clement’s Drizzle cake is ready!