Banana nut bread recipes are a great way to use over ripe bananas. It gets added cruch with the chopped walnuts! Tips: 1. Use really ripened bananas. Ones with more black spots. 2.Try to use brown sugar, it adds more flavor to the bread!
All purpose flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Walnuts 1/2 cup, chopped
Butter 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 1/4 cup
Milk 1/4 cup ( can use buttermilk or yogurt instead)
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Banana 2 medium size, smashed
• Preheat the oven to 350. Grease the 9 x 5 inch loaf pan,dust it with the flour & keep it separately.
• Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
• Add the nuts to it and keep these dry ingredients separately.
• Beat butter along with the sugar, add egg, then add vanilla extract, smashed banana and mix it well.
• Now gently combine the dry ingredients in to the beaten mixture by adding milk in between.
• Transfer the batter in to the greased pan and bake it at 350F for 60 mins.( Pls start checking after 45 mins)
• Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Gently slide the knife to the corners and remove the loaf from the pan.
• Cut into thick slices to serve!