Chickpeas 1 cup
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1 tsp
Red chilli 1-2
Curry leaves 1 strand
Grated coconut 3 tbsp
• Wash and soak chickpeas overnight or min 8 hours.
• Pressure cook 2-3 whistles with enough water and salt.
• Drain the water and keep the cooked chickpeas aside.
• Take a wide pan. Heat little oil. Crackle the Mustard then add Urad dhal, Red chillies, Curry leaves and Asafoetida.
• Toss the cooked Chickpeas in. Give a thorough mix.
• Finally add the grated Coconut.
Let that stay for couple of minutes then switch off the stove. Serve hot.
• If you have time you can directly cook Chickpeas in a pot of salt water. It takes 15-20 mins.
• Canned Chickpeas works best as well. Don’t forget to drain the water before using it.