Red Velvet Cupcakes are so special that i could always relate them to the Valentines day! I have tried numerous recipes before I hit this particular one. Adapted from annie’s eats,
It is very moist and more flavorful. Though I was initially little hesitant with the amount of oil used here,It made 100% justice to the Cupcakes.
Yields 24 Cupcakes
Cake Flour 2 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 1/2 Cup
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Cocoa powder 3 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Large Eggs 2
Vegetable oil 1 1/2 Cup
Butter milk 1 Cup
Liquid Red Food coloring 2 tbsp (1 oz.)
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Distilled white Vinegar 1 tsp
For the Frosting
Cream Cheese 8 oz. (1 pack)
Unsalted Butter 5tbsp Room temperature
Clear Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Confectioner’s Sugar 2 1/2 Cup
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Line the cupcake pans with paper liners.
• Combine all the dry ingredients Cake Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Cocoa powder & Salt. Whisk to blend. Keep it separately.
• Combine all the wet ingredients Eggs, Butter milk, Vegetable oil, Vanilla Extract, Red food colour, Distilled white vinegar with a hand blender in medium speed until well blended.
• Add the dry ingredients slowly in to the wet little by little mixing it on a low speed. Mix thoroughly.
• Bake for about 20 mins. Rotating the pan in halfway. ( around 10 mins ).
Until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. ( Start checking from 15 mins).
• Remove from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack within 5-10 mins. Else the cupcake will continue to cook with the heat from the pan, making it dry or less moist.
Cream Cheese Frosting
• Combine Cream Cheese ( best if it is cold from the fridge) and butter using a hand mixer or in a electric stand mixer.
• Beat on medium-high for 2-3 mins until its smooth.
• Mix in the Vanilla extract.
• Add the Confectioners’ Sugar little by little until a smooth creamy texture is obtained.
• Add the frosting to the piping bag with the piping tip and decorate the cupcakes or simply place 2 tbsp of frosting on top of the cupcake and smooth it around with the butter knife or small spatula.