Tindora 1/2 lb
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dhal 1 tsp
Cumin seed 1 tsp
Fennel 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Red chilli powder 1-2 tsp ( depending on your spice level )
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
• Wash Tindora, cut the tips off & then cut it lengthwise.
• Heat a tbsp of oil in a wide pan.
• Add mustard, allow it to crackle then add urad dhal, cumin, fennel, curry leaves. Sauté it for a while.
• Add Tindora, chilli powder, turmeric and salt and mix well. Sprinkle little water to avoid sticking to the pan.
• Cover and cook till the Tindora becomes tender and crunchy.
• It can be served with Roti or White Rice.