Onion 1, finely chopped
Channa dhal 1 tbsp
Mustard 1 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal 1 tsp
Curry leaves 2 strands
Coriander 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Green chillies 2-3, finely chopped
Grated coconut 2 tbsp ( optional )
Soak & Grind
Idly rice 1 cup
Raw rice 1 cup
Urad dhal 1/4 cup
Fenugreek seed 1 tsp
• Wash and Soak Idly Rice, Raw Rice, Urad Dhal & Fenugreek for 5 hours and grind it to a thick fine paste with req salt.
• Ferment it overnight.
• Heat a pan, add little oil. Crackle mustard, then Channa dhal, Urad dhal, Onion, Curry leaves, Green chillies. Sauté it for a while.
• Toss it in to the batter along with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
• Dilute it with little water and adjust the salt taste.
• Heat the Paniyaram pan. Grease all the wells with little oil.
• Pour batter in to each well. Cover and cook till both sides turn golden brown.
• Serve hot with Tomato Chutney!